At Willow Pediatric Dentistry, your son or daughter's comfort is one of our primary priorities. The dental laser has been in use for over 25 years, and Dr. Jody is excited to offer this innovative technology to our patients. The laser makes many treatment procedures more comfortable and stress-free for your child, while also providing precision and accuracy that accelerates the recovery process.
How Does the Laser Work?
The dental laser combines both light and heat to pinpoint diseased tissue or enamel without affecting surrounding healthy tissue, which improves the healing process. It can eliminate problems quickly and often without the need for dental anesthetic or the drill. The laser also seals and sterilizes the treated area for more effective healing and a quicker recovery.
Some procedures the laser is ideal for treating are:
- Eliminating the tissue that causes tongue-tie - an infant or child frenectomy
- Removal of pulp tissue - a vital pulpotomy
- Removing decay from tooth enamel - a dental filling
- Helping expose unerupted teeth - those stuck beneath the gum line
What Are the Benefits of Choosing the Dental Laser for My Child's Procedure?
We want your son or daughter to have a positive experience during their treatment at Willow Pediatric Dentistry. The dental laser offers numerous benefits for our pediatric dental patients that we know will make their procedures more pleasant.
- Using the laser may eliminate the need for numbing and the use of the needle
- The laser is quiet and doesn't have an intimidating sound like the drill
- The laser can minimize bleeding since it sterilizes and seals the treated area
- The laser provides a more conservative procedure because it doesn't affect surrounding tissue
- Using the laser is less invasive for our patients than other treatment procedures
Is the Dental Laser Right for My Child's Procedure?
As a trusted member of your son or daughter's health care team, Dr. Jody will always discuss and explain their options for treatment with your family. Keeping your child's comfort in mind, together with you the parent, we'll create a plan that will complete the dentistry they need to maintain optimum dental health, while also keeping their visits to our pediatric dental office pleasant and stress-free. In the end, you will always have the final say on the treatment and procedures that you feel will best suit your child's needs, but we are still here to guide you through the process.
Things can happen in life and here is an example of playground trauma. In this situation, the broken parts of the teeth were not found. If they were available, it is recommended to bring them soaked in whole milk to the dental office. It may be possible to reattach the fragments. Here is our before and after on the day of the injury.
Contact Willow Pediatric Dentistry
Do you have more questions about the dental laser or your child's treatment needs? Our knowledgeable staff members are here to help! Contact your pediatric dentist in Tecumseh at 517-317-8700 today to arrange a convenient time to see Dr. Jody.