Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At Willow Pediatric Dentistry, we always welcome and encourage any questions you may have about your child's oral health. When you express your questions and concerns, it allows us to provide personalized care that is right for you and your child. Our mission is to provide excellent oral care in a relaxing, comfortable, and safe environment for kids, ensuring a positive dental experience that best fits each individual’s needs.
We invite you to review the answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you have a specific question not listed here, please contact our office and we would be happy to help.
- What is a Pediatric Dentist?
- Are sippy cups harmful to my child’s teeth?
- Why is it important to get a space maintainer?
- When should I start brushing and flossing my child’s teeth?
- What is a papoose board?
- What if my child has two teeth growing in the same spot? “Shark Teeth”
- Is thumb sucking harmful?
- How do you handle a fearful child?
- What causes teeth grinding (bruxism) during sleep?
- Are sports drinks harmful to my child's teeth?
- Are x-rays necessary?
- Dental Emergencies
- Does healthy eating promote healthy teeth?
- Is tobacco bad news in any form?
- What is a pulpotomy?
- What is fluoride varnish?
- What kind of toothpaste do you recommend?
- What should I do if my child will not brush their teeth?
- When should my child see an orthodontist?
- Why are tongue piercings harmful?
- When should I make my child's 1st dental visit?
- When should we start using fluoride toothpaste?
- When should my child stop using a bottle/sippy cup?